Stacking The Shelves (5)




Stacking The Shelves is an anytime meme hosted by Tynga Reviews. It allows you to showcase the books you've recently added to your book shelves, whether they're physical or digital.

I received an Amazon Fire HD7 for christmas, and decided to use one of my gift cards to load my new baby up with some books. Santa was right on time, because when I went on Amazon yesterday, the deals were hot and I couldn't resist! Here's what I snatched up:


* I'll include the prices of the books just in case you guys want to catch some of these deals *












My Life Next Door has been on my TBR for soooo long. I finally said, " You know what, I'm going to buy you today " and for $5.70, why not?!

I guess this story follows a girl named Samantha who falls in love with I believe her next door neighbor Jase. Her family is strict and boring, while Jase's family is fun and inviting. So, because of this, she hides her relationship with her neighbor boo from her family, and that's pretty much all I know . . .
















A haul wouldn't be a haul if I didn't throw a free book in it right? So, right when I received my tablet, and started playing around with it a bit, I of course stumbled across some free books. The cover was really intriguing, and that blurb really pulled me in. Too bad that at just 23%, this book is not living up to my expectations . . .  damn you book.

From where I am in the story, all I know is it's about a girl named Peregrine Stork, who created a imaginary world through her drawings. Then all of a sudden she's living in this world that she created. Sounds promising I know, but I am only in the beginning, hopefully things get better from here. * Fingers Crossed *. 


















I follow Pierce on instagram and he is such a cutie. Heyyy Pierce! Anywho, Red Rising is on Amazon for $1.99! I've always been on the defense about it, because it's not entirely a read I would go for, but after seeing some great reviews and a slew of raves on goodreads and IG, I finally decided to get it.

I'm not quite sure what this is even about other than the fact that it takes place on Mars and the main character is trying to uncover some secrets about the planet . . . idk . . . I didn't read the synopsis and maybe I should have lmao. 















There are 4 reasons why I finally picked up this book.

1. It's been on my TBR for quite some time.
2. I read Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover and LOVED it, so now I'm inspired to read more of her books.
3. It has a 4.43 rating on Goodreads, which means this book is pretty much the shit.
4. It was only $1.99 on Amazon.


So this story is about a 22 year old college student named Sydney. She get's cheated on by her boyfriend, (cheating makes for a great story so I'm excited lol) and is left to pick up the pieces. In comes her neighbor Ridge with his swoony guitar music, and I'm sure things happen. And by things, I mean Thangs.













The same reasons I mentioned above go for this book as well. When I seen it was going for 99 cents, I snatched it up so fast. * Update * The book is no longer 99 cents, the price is now $2.99.  That's still a great price!


Just like Maybe Someday, this book also has a 4.43 rating on Goodreads, which makes me so excited to dive in. It follows a 17 year old girl named Sky who meets this boy who doesn't have a great reputation. Shit hits the fan (I'm guessing, I mean we are talking about Colleen Hoover here) and I'm assuming she finds out that he's not the guy he portrayed himself to be. That's pretty much all I received from the synopsis, especially since it was kinda vague, but oh em gee I am so ready to read this! 











Out of all the books in this haul, this one cost the most . . . .  

Wait, I just went to Amazon to remember how much I paid, I know it was $9.99, and guess what price it is now . . .  $1.99! What the hell Amazon !! lmao. 

I have no clue what the hell this book is even about. I literally just read the synopsis and I'm thinking, " Okay, a girl likes a boy. He and his brothers are known as the Raven Boys. They're rich, and attend a private school. "

I can work with this lol. 

Are the boys going to turn into raven's at night or something? What the hell is this thing about the soon-to-be-dead, and Blue causing her true love to die. I need answers, which is why this might be my next read!















I stumbled across this book on Goodreads a couple months before I started blogging and I always said I would pick it up. So when I finally remembered to do so, and seen that it was only $3.99, I one-clicked it so fast like the damn thing was about to disappear lol. 

This story is about a first date that takes place in New York City, that soon turns into a long-distance relationship between Laura an American, and Lee a Korean from another country. I've heard nothing but good things about this book, and I have a strong feeling that I'm going to love it!
















This cover is seriously making me cringe lol.

I know I've said this quite a few times already, but I'm really, really, really, really, really excited to read this book. My favorite books are ones that include some type of "media " in it. For examples, text messages, pictures, emails, social media, (fictional or not) notes, etc. Now Find Me I'm Yours takes this a step further by including " Clickable Content ". I heard there are instagram photos you can view, real websites you can visit, all sorts of things! This reminds of Night Film by Marisha Pessl, which is one of my all time favorite books. The content wasn't clickable, but there were notes, pictures and websites and such included throughout the story. Marisha Pessl also has an app you can use alongside the book to enhance your reading experience. I loved it! 

I don't know what this book is about, and honestly I don't care, it has the bones to be great with this amazing concept, let's just hope it delivers on the execution. 

You can order this book through the website or on amazon for $2.99.

( There's going to be a new genre called Click-Lit . . . so I've heard. I couldn't find too much information on it though )

So that's it you guys! I don't think I'll be stacking these shelves of mine anytime soon . . . okay I'm lying, but I'm going to try to read most of the books on TBR before I haul a serious amount of new books. What have you guys recently hauled? Comment down below and link me to your posts !


Post a Comment