Stacking The Shelves (4)




Stacking The Shelves is an anytime meme hosted by Tynga Reviews. It allows you to showcase the books you've recently added to your book shelves, whether they're physical or digital. 


I didn't go too crazy this time around, being that I have books from this haul that I haven't even touched yet, so I'm hauling the 6 books that recently grabbed my attention.









Shiver | Maggie Stiefvater

I heard alot of good things about this author, but was always a little apprehensive about reading her books. But, now I'm in a fantasy/paranormal/supernatural kick, and I wanted to find something that would be a perfect read for the winter. I seen the cover, and I'm getting a very wintery-twilighty feel  so I decided to picked it up lol. I've also been eyeing her Raven-Cycle series for awhile but thought I'll use this to ease into her writing.

After reading the synopsis I'm definitely getting a twilight vibe, and you know what I'm super excited for this. I loved twilight, and even though I liked Edward more than Jacob, I'm in the mood to read about some cute wolves who turn into even cuter humans. If you don't know what this is about, it follows a girl named Grace who has been watching the wolves that live (I guess) in the woods behind her house. She connected with a wolf, the particular wolf with yellow eyes, and when she meets a boy with the same familiarity, she believes it's him. (Well of course it is!) Apparently this wolf-boy is a human in the summer, but turns back to his animal form in the winter, and he's trying to stop that from happening . . . I think. Sounds promising to me! I'm terrible at rephrasing the synopsis of a book lmao. 








Linger | Maggie Stiefvater

Because I believe I'm truly going to enjoy Shiver, I decided to pick up it's sequel. I have no clue as to what this one is about, (I'm not going to spoil myself by reading the synopsis lol) so I guess we're figuring it out after I finally dive into book one.


If you have read this trilogy or series, let me know what you think! I'm eager to hear some opinions on these books. 









Us | David Nicholls

I'm in a serious mood to read some Adult contemporaries. I've read so much YA and NA this year, and I really want to get back into the world of ADULTS lol. In my second stacking the shelves haul, I actually picked up a TON of Adult books, so looks like 2015 is going to be a great start. 

Anywho, Us I believe is about a husband who is trying to save his marriage. His wife wants to " rediscover herself " but Douglas (the husband) believed they would be going through this moment together. When he finds out she wants to leave too, he plans one last family trip in hopes of bringing them together. I'm rooting for you Douglas, you better save your marriage dammit !










The 100 | Kass Morgan

I've seen this book around sooooo much, especially since everyone seems to love the TV show, and that was pretty much my motivation to pick it up. I'm almost finished reading Zodiac, and I'm so spoiled with the amazing world of space or galactic environment or whatever you want to call it lol, to the point I want to read more books with this concept. I've already read that The 100 is in no comparison to Zodiac, so atleast I know what I'm getting myself into, but I wanted to start somewhere, especially since I'll be tuning into the show soon. 

To sum this up as best as I can, The 100 is about humans who live in city-live spaceships. The abandoned planet Earth was once their homeland, now the government (Of course) want to make it habitable again. So, they send some delinquents to earth to recolonize the planet, and I'm almost 1000% sure, all hell is going to break loose. I just know it. 










Everything I Never Told You | Celeste NG

I've had this book on my TBR for so long. I'm a sucker for stories about families, who after a traumatic experience, start to unravel along with their darkest secrets . . . yup, I'm excited for this book. This may even be my next read after Zodiac, I'm not sure just yet.

This story is about a girl named Lydia, who is found dead in a local lake. Her family, I'm assuming were a tight-knit group, crumble into a chaotic mess after her sudden death. This is definitely right up my alley. 







Snow Like Ashes | Sara Raasch

Everybody and their mama loves this book! I actually decided to pick this up after I left Noelia's blog just yesterday. She did a really great review on it, so I decided I wanted to love this book just like everyone else lol. As I mentioned earlier, I'm in a serious mood for some fantasy, especially a story that takes place in the winter, so I figured this would be the perfect time to start.

I'm not exactly sure what this is about, other than there's a war between . . . seasons . . . ?

I know for sure it's about a girl who sets off to retrieve some type of magic that has been stolen from her Kingdom. Obviously things don't go as planned, and she gets caught up in a bunch of shit . . . I'm excited lmao. 




If you guys have read any of these books, be sure to comment below and tell me your thoughts! 

Post a Comment