Ten Book Challenge


I've been nominated by Blessie, Jennie, and Erin to complete this challenge. Thanks ladies, and don't forget to follow their awesome blogs if you haven't already!

The Rules

List 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Do not take more than a few minutes, and do not think about it too hard. They do not have to be the "right books", or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way. Paste these instructions and tag 10 friends, including me, so I can see your list!

Read more below to find out what titles are included on my list !



Okay, so I cheated a little with the first one and included a trilogy. 


  1. Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness

The Knife of Never Letting Go

“Hope may be the thing that pulls you forward, may be the thing that keeps you going, but that it's dangerous, that it's painful and risky, that it's making a dare in the world and when has the world ever let us win a dare?” 

The Ask And The Answer

“Without pain, it feels almost like I don't have a body at all, almost like I'm a ghost, sitting in a chair, blinded and eternal. Like I'm dead already. Cuz how do you know yer alive if you don't hurt?” 

The Monsters of Men

“Your mind will believe comforting lies while also knowing the painful truths that make those lies necessary. And your mind will punish you for believing both.” 


    
     2.  Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma * I decided to use 3 quotes because I love this book so much*

“I might appear confident and chatty, but I spend most of my time laughing at jokes I don't find funny, saying things I don't really mean - because at the end of the day that's what we're all trying to do: fit in, one way or another, desperately trying to pretend we're all the same.” 

“This whole time, my whole life, that harsh, stony path was leading up to this one point. I followed it blindly, stumbling along the way, scraped and weary, without any idea of where it was leading, without ever realizing that with every step I was approaching the light at the end of a very long, dark tunnel. And now that I've reached it, now that I'm here, I want to catch it in my hand, hold onto it forever to look back on - the point at which my new life really began.” * Yasssssssss Tabitha ! *


“Never before have I imagined my life without him—like this house, he is my only point of reference in this difficult existence, this unstable and frightening world. The thought of his leaving home fills me with a terror so strong, it takes my breath away. I feel like one of those seagulls covered in oil from a spill, drowning in a black tar of fear.” 


     3.  In One Person by John Irving 

“And when you love a book, commit one glorious sentence of it - perhaps your favorite sentence - to memory. That way you won’t forget the language of the story that moved you to tears.” 

* I definitely needed tissues while reading this story. *

   
    4.  Bastard Out Of Carolina by Dorothy Allison * I also included 3 quotes here *

“Everything that comes to us is a blessing or a test. That’s all you need to know in this life…just the certainty that God’s got His eye on you, that He knows what you are made of, what you need to grow on. Why,questioning’s a sin, it’s pointless. He will show you your path in His own good time. And long as I remember that, I’m fine.” 

“Moving had no season, was all seasons, crossed time like a train with no schedule. We moved so often our mail never caught up with us, moved sometimes before we'd even gotten properly unpacked or I'd learned the names of all the teachers at my new school. Moving gave me a sense of time passing and everything sliding, as if nothing could be held on to anyway. It made me feel ghostly, unreal and unimportant, like a box that goes missing and then turns up but then you realize you never needed anything in it anyway.” 

“It ain't that you get religion. Religion gets you and then milks you dry. Won't let you drink a little whiskey. Won't let you make no fat-assed girls grin and giggle. Won't let you do a damn thing except work for what you'll get in the hearafter. I live in the here and now.” 


    5.  The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe (CON) by C.S Lewis

“If you’ve been up all night and cried till you have no more tears left in you - you will know that there comes in the end a sort of quietness. You feel as if nothing was ever going to happen again.” 

  
    6.  More Than This by Patrick Ness * How can you not pick more than one quote from this *

“I wanted so badly for there to be more. I ached for there to be more than my crappy little life.' He shakes his head. 'And there was more. I just couldn't see it.” 

“A book… it’s a world all on its own too. A world made of words, where you live for a while.” 

“He's seeing the actual Milky Way streaked across the sky. The whole of his entire galaxy, right there in front of him. Billions and billions of stars. Billions and billions of worlds. All of them, all of those seemingly endless possibilities, not fictional, but real, out there, existing, right now. There is so much more out there than just the world he knows, so much more than his tiny Washington town, so much more than even London. Or England. Or hell, for that matter.

So much more that he'll never see. So much more that he'll never get to. So much that he can only glimpse enough of to know that it's forever beyond his reach.” 

“We take random events and we put them together in a pattern so we can comfort ourselves with a story, no matter how much it obviously isn’t true… We have to lie to ourselves to live. Otherwise, we’d go crazy.” 


    7.  The Catcher In The Rye by J.D Salinger

“I'm the most terrific liar you ever saw in your life. It's awful. If I'm on my way to the store to buy a magazine, even, and somebody asks me where I'm going, I'm liable to say I'm going to the opera. It's terrible.” 


    8.  Tell The Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt

“It's the most unhappy people who want to stay alive, because they think they haven't done everything they want to do. They think they haven't had enough time. They feel they've been shortchanged.” 


    9. A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks

“Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything. About life, hope and the long journey ahead. I'll always miss her. But our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it.”   * Grabs Tissues *


    10. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)... There are just some kind of men who - who're so busy worrying about the next world they've never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.”




So readers, that wraps up my 10 book challenge. A special thanks to Jennie, Erin and Blessie for the nominations. If you aren't already following their awesome blogs, DO IT NOW, and If you've done this challenge, leave links in my comments below so I can check it out. Later guys!

I know this is against the rules because you're supposed to tag I think 10 people, but everyone I wanted to tag, has done this already . . . I Think , soooooo . . . I'm going to be a cheater and skip that rule lmao. Don't judge me people!











8 comments

  1. Took you long enough girl! Ohgosh, I'm gonna have to check out the rest of the books you've put on here. I only know some of the ones you told me. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yassssss , I forgot about the swap we're doing ! Omg I hope I still have them !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, Tell the Wolves I'm Home is one book that I've really been dying to read. It just sounds so beautiful. Great list! To Kill a Mockingbird THE DOCTOR WHO BOOK TAG if you're interested. :)

    Jules @ The Book of Jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to read it ! It's incredibly sad, which is probably the reason why I can't stop thinking about it. I haven't heard of The Doctor Who Book Tag just yet so i'm checking it out now!

      Delete
  4. The only one of these that I have actually read is To Kill A Mocking Bird. There is quite a lot of Patrick Ness on this list, haha! I better try out some of his then :D

    Check out my post about seizing the day: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/09/carpe-diem-dead-poets-society-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I want to read the Chaos Walking trilogy, To Kill a Mockingbird, and a Walk To Remember!
    Great list! :D I really like The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, that trilogy is EVERYTHING. Patrick's writing style is amazing! I hope you pick them up soon, I would love to hear what you think about them. I read To Kill a Mockingbird wayyyyy back when I was in high school. I want to re-read it just to refresh my memory, but I'm one of those people who dislikes re-reading books lol. A Walk to Remember will have you in tears, whenever you read this make sure you have a box of tissues handy lol. Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete