Crown Of Midnight Reaction Review -- Clutches Pearls

Crown Of Midnight | Sarah J Maas
Release Date: August 27, 2013 | Bloomsbury
Genre(s): Young Adult, Fantasy
Pages: 418
Edition: Kindle
Source: Purchased | Amazon
Rating:



" A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.

It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend. "
From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.
Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.
Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.


Some of you have already heard this story from me countless of times . . . but who cares!
 Hush up and listen again lol! 

So last year after millions of recommendations from other readers, I finally picked up Throne Of Glass. I read it super quickly, and was surprised at how much I really enjoyed the concept, writing, and the characters. HOWEVER, I was a bit underwhelmed by the story, which resulted in me not loving it as everyone else did. For a while I didn't care, but then as the year passed I noticed the fandoms being made, the teams forming, the raving reviews being posted, and all of a sudden I felt left out. Around January I made the promise that I would atleast take a peak at the sequel to see if the series did indeed improve. Things got in the way, other priority books were read instead, and I found myself putting it on the back burner for another time, whenever that was I didn't know. But after reading and completely adoring ACOTAR, I made a second promise to myself that I would read the entire series of released books and that I would LOVE them. Well, Sarah made it hard to not live up to that promise because Crown Of Midnight came through and blew me the hell away!





One of the biggest issues I had with TOG, was that the beginning was slower than I would've liked. As we all know, Celaena is Ardalan's very own assassin, so I wanted to see her do what she does best! You're only given a sneak peak of what she has to offer towards the end of the book, but still it wasn't enough. To my delight, COM packed an incredible punch as it came out swinging in just the first chapter! Celaena definitely lived up to her name, and if action is what you're looking for, you're damn sure going to get it.




There were so many unexpected twists and turns, that every time something was revealed I was on edge like  . . .




This plot has an huge aspect of mystery surrounding it, and I was happy to see that Sarah's infamous riddles were better connected to the plot. Not to forget that the execution was definitely on point, leaving me muttering plenty of OH SHIT's when things got real.




Celaena Sardothien.
One Word:
BAD ASS
She completely turned things up in this book, showing us the true definition of an assassin. If any book character would match my personality, it'll hands down be her.



If it's one thing that Sarah knows how to do, it's a well done romance. I guess you can call it a love triangle, even though it isn't entirely a triangle for all parties involved, but it's done so realistically, to the point it didn't bother me at all.

Anywho, the boys in this book are nothing less than swoon-worthy! Dorian is super adorable of course, BUT my heart is definitely taken by thee Chaol Westfall. * Drools * he's such a MAN! I just loved how both guys were protective over her, and you all know I thoroughly enjoyed the many " hump sessions " that surprisingly occurred. I will admit, I grew incredibly frustrated with some turn of events, but if Sarah knows what's good for her . .

SHE'LL KEEP MY SHIP SAILING! 




Seriously guys, the beauty about doubting one's work, is that it allows a better chance for you to be floored by the story's greatness. My experience was everything and then some, completely exceeded my expectations by a long shot! The writing improved 100% , the plot was more fast paced and action packed, the characters had their own individual stories which added so much depth, and the twists were more deadly and harder to predict. There's not one thing I didn't love about this book, and if you need more convincing . .




JUST PICK THE DAMN BOOK UP! If you haven't already that is.


Post a Comment