Reader Problems Tag



I was tagged by two of my fellow members of the Bookish Groupies, Jennie and Angelique! Thanks so much girls!   

So without future ado, let's get started.

* Sooooo nobody was going to tell me that I didn't add a title at first . Yall so wrong lmao

You have 20,000 books on your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?


Mmmm, good question. I think I go for the books I really, really want to read first. I tend to always make those first priority. Then after that, it's mainly whatever I'm in the mood for . . . I guess lol. 


You're halfway through a book & you're just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?


I hate having to DNF a book! So if I can, I push through and rant about how I disliked it in a review. But if it's completely shitty and I can't continue, I just throw in the towel, and throw the book in the dungeon of I'm never picking this up again


The end of the year is coming & you're so close, but so far away on your goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up & how?


Last year was actually my first time participating in the challenge, and to my surprise, I surpassed my goal! I think the problem with some of us readers, is that we get too competitive with reading. It's supposed to be something we enjoy doing . . . it really shouldn't be any pressure involved whatsoever. So with that said, if I'm behind, then I'm staying my ass behind. I'm not stressing myself out, or getting all worked up because I didn't finish my goal. I read for pleasure ya know. 


The covers of a series you love do not match. How do you cope?


I may be the only one, but this doesn't really bother me . . . not that much atleast. When I buy a series I typically buy the proper cover, whether it's paperback or hardback so that they match. If one or two isn't the same, then that's cool. Now if it's a series that I absolutely love, then yes all covers must match! But I don't read too many series anyway, so I don't always have this problem. 


Everyone & their mother loves a book you really didn't like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?


I actually felt this way recently when I read Ignite by Lily Paradis. That book was just:   but everyone loved it. * cringes *

Anywho, I always seem to find someone within the blogging community that agrees with my likes & dislikes, so it's never hard to find someone to rant with. Especially my Bookish Groupies girls, we're always ranting & raving about something lol.


You're reading a book & you're about to start crying in public. How do you deal?


Omg, I'm a Leo, and if you know a true Leo, then you'd know we are huge babiesss. We are such cry babies & if anyone ever denies it, they're lying! So if I'm out in public reading a book that's about to open the floodgates, I just play it off. I have long eyelashes, so I always pretend like I have something in my eye. I even say, " Ahhh, " and begin messing with my eyes lmao. Hey it works. 


A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten alot from the prior novel. Will you re-read, skip the sequel, try to find a synopsis on goodreads, or cry in frustration?


Okay re-reading a book is a big no-no for me. I just can't bring myself to re-read anything! I'm one of those people, if I forgot a little of what happened in the previous novel, and I read the sequel, everything starts to come back to me. There's definitely alot of " Ohhh yeah ", and " Oooo, I forgot about that " going on. 


You do not want anyone, anyone burrowing your books. How do you politely tell them no when they ask?


Ha! Lucky for me none of my friends like to read.  I do have to keep them from touching my books though. Like if you're not a reader . . . don't touch my precious books. What's the point of flipping through them if you hate reading? Put them down before I punch you in the throat!   


Reading ADD. You've picked up & put down 5 books in the past month. How do you get out of your reading slump?


Mmm. This doesn't happen often, * crosses fingers * but if it were to happen, I'll try to pick up a book I've been dying to read. Like if an anticipated read is approaching, or if there's an ARC for one available, I'll try to grab that & hope for the best. If that doesn't work, maybe step outside of the genre I keep getting slumped in. If all 5 books were contemporaries, then I'll dive into some mysteries, or maybe even some fantasy. 


There are so many new books coming out that you're dying to read! How many do you actually buy?


I generally only buy my most anticipated first. For example, if 10 new releases were coming out, and 3 of them were my most anticipated, then I'll purchase those first. Then after that, whatever intrigues me, or catches my eye with it's beautiful cover. 

I'm a cover whore and will make a purchase on this sole reason alone. Don't judge me. 


After you've bought the new books, you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you pick them up?


This depends on the books. I freaking pre-ordered Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld, and it's still sitting on the shelf, chilling, un-read, probably wondering when I'm going to show it some love. Soon my darling . . . soon.

So yeah it depends on whether I'm super pumped to read the books or not. I tend to dive into the books I really, really, really want to read, before the books I just want to read. Make sense? lol

I'm such a weird reader I know lol. 

Sooo, that concludes my Readers Problems Tag. I feel like I don't have too many bookish problems, but it was definitely fun sharing my answers. Want to share your thoughts on one of these questions? Comment down below!


Post a Comment