I'm usually always so late when it comes to bookish things whether is a meme, a tag, or you know anything, so I was a bit lost when a bunch of surveys flooded my bloglovin and twitter timeline. I had no clue who was hosting it, (the lovely Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner btw) neither did I even think I would be non-lazy enough to actually answer all the questions, but after being intrigued and amused by some of the answers I've seen, I decided to say fuck it, and get busy sharing my 2015 in books. Now keep scrolling folks, it's time to get this party started!
Number of Books You've Read This Year: 71
Number of Re-Reads: EW, us cool kids don't re-read books
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary of course!
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
YA contemporary - The Anatomical Shape of A Heart
YA Sci-Fi - Illuminae
YA Fantasy - A Darker Shade of Magic
NA Contemporary - Burying Water
Adult Contemporary - The Witch of Painted Sorrows
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Girl Who Fell by Shannon M. Parker. I hated this debut & everyone else loves it. MEH.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Air Awakens by Elise Kova really surprised me! I loved the concept, the writing, the diverse characters. EVERYTHING
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Definitely the Anatomical Shape of A Heart lol. I loved
Jack, I meant that book so much to the point I shoved it down everyone's throat. It worked of course haha.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
I haven't started a series this year . . . or have I lol?
Best sequel goes to the Mime Order by Samantha Shannon. SUCH A DOPE SERIES GUYS.
I haven't finished a series, like ever since I started blogging lmao.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
K.A fucking Tucker!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don't read alot of science fiction, but Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff blew me away!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab!
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
People re-read books, this is actually a thing? GROSS lol.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Fire Falling by Elise Kova. Prince Aldrik looks so delicious on that cover!
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Jack from The Anatomical Shape of a Heart.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Hands down The Weight of Feathers by Anna Marie-McLemore.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Mmm, ahh skip this question lol.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
BURYING WATER by K.A Tucker.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
I honestly don't have favorite quotes from books lol.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
No question Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Ezra and Kady from Illuminae!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
ME DON'T KNOW.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Wandering Star by Romina Russell.
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
The Darkling from Shadow and Bone. Oh and Jack from The Anatomical Shape of a Heart.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
YO Find Me I'm Yours by Hillary Carlip!
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios. I died mentally and spiritually reading this.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne. This book was sooo good!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Fire Falling by Elise Kova. That cliffhanger, seriously, I'm dead. FORREAL
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Find Me I'm Yours by Killary Carlip. All the photos, websites, and videos made it such a cool read.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The Girl Who Fell by Shannon M. Parker. This book pissed me tf off.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
The intro to my ACOTAR review is my favorite, BUT I think my favorite review is The Weight of Feathers of Anna Marie-McLemore
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Discussions? NON-reviews? WHAT ARE THOOOOSEEEE? haha
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Irish Banana Blog Tours hosted by Hannah! I absolutely love her!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
I would say being recognized by others as their favorite blogger. That was pretty dope.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
I think just staying ontop of posts, and participating. I hardly did meme's, tags, or anything other than reviews the second half of this year. I got super lazy yo.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My review for The Weight of Feathers. It has 43 comments and 333 views. Thanks everyone MUAH
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Mmm, none to be honest. You guys really show me love here on my blog and I appreciate it!
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed my goodreads challenge! I set a limit for 50 books this year, and I surpassed that by 22 books!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
* Stares at TBR * Do you really want to know the answer to this? lol.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
A Gathering of Shadows. Let's go Victoria!
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
I haven't really started too many series to care about this just yet haha
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I really want to be more organized next year!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I've only read two 2016 releases so far, and since they aren't ah-mazing, (one was cool, the other one was disastrous) I'll have to skip this question lol.
So that's all you guys, this year has been pretty decent reading wise, but I'm aiming for bigger and better in 2016! HUUURRAHHH!
Okay, I'm done being ridiculous
Okay, I'm done being ridiculous